Friday, May 14, 2010

life: blood. pt. three; almost-but-not-quite fin.

so. yesterday i finally got my root canal done.

and it actually hurt!

crashing into nicole didn't hurt.
my tooth hanging didn't hurt.
but putting it back in hurt.
and now, the root canal hurts.

but the root canal hurted the most i've got to admit.

but i'm surprized at my own pain threshold. i don't cry out. ever.

so. yesterday after school i went 2 the library, and i was surfing.

i decided to pull out my cell phone to check for missed calls. which i've got 2 do now, since i just reminded myself. ok. no missed calls.

and i saw my ma called me. i called her back, and she said that the doc had to get me in to do my root canal today. he has meetings, and can't do another day (well, he could, but it will take a long wait).

and she was already up here.

it was crazy.

she picked me up, we got the laptop so i could do hwmk @ the rest., which wouldn't really help since i can't answer half of the questions w.o. internet help about the constitution. so we had to decide whether or not to bring the laptop (if i bring it, i have to stay @ the rest--i can't bring that and my backpack onto the CTA; if i don't, then i'll have to ride the CTA back home to work on hmwk.)

but my ma objected 2 me riding back home by myself since he was prob gonna give me shots, and she talked about how focused i am in school--too focused to even care about my own health (my tooth).

then i realized that i was very focused about school. it reminded me of the time in the library i talked to shannon and christine about how students here are so focused on academics that they resort to cheating! on a final! but i can't say that anymore since i cheat too. we all do. we copy homework from each other. i'll admit it. i would say "but everyone does it", which is true, but doesn't make it right. it just numbs you up, makes you blind to it after being exposed to it for so long.


but we did it, and we went.

afterwards, he added ANOTHER $80 to seal up the hole he drilled. nice. it's like walking into a restaurant, and you have to pay seperate for forks, plates, lights, and running water in the bathroom.

initially: $400 for root canal.
another $100 for using up his entire tube of paste for a splint to stabilize my teeth.
so it's $500.
after yesterday's visit, it was ANOTHER $80 to seal up the hole.

but i got back the fee waiver check from school yesterday, which is worth $500. but that's sorta seperate since you have to pay for my edu anyway.

so, SO FAR, my root canal has taken up 2 seperate appointments!
1. inspection. clean up infections.
2. doing the actual root canal
3. closing up the hole in the back of my tooth he drilled. (yet to be done).

and what's more ridiculus:
we asked him how much deep cleaning was.
1. he splits it into 4 parts. so it taks a LOT of time.
2. it's $110.
3. it's $110 for EACH QUARTER of the mouth.
4. so that's $440!!

my dad recently got a deep cleaning, and when he herd both of this, he said, "that's good."

i was like, "good?!@ kedzie it's only $70!!"

my ma said, "but that's cause she's charging you a discounted kids price. her regular price is ____ (srry, i forgot! but it was $100-200)

so my dad ranted, "at least he told you upfront! the one i went to--he cleaned up half my mouth, and said, 'you have to come in another time to finish it.' i was like, 'sure. so do i have to pay in full right now?' he was like, 'no.' and i was like, 'so i owe you $___' he was like, 'no!!! it's $___ for only your upper jaw! its double the price for a full mouth!'

my dad was so mad. he had already halfway finished the job, and NOW he tells him the full price. so he HAS to have him finish, and choke down the rest.

No comments:

HELP THE PHILIPPINES

Philippines Appeal

HELP HAITI!

Help Haiti Now

FIGHT WORLD HUNGER!

Fight world hunger

FIGHT WORLD HUNGER!

Fight World Hunger